I thought it would be funny to emphasize "nation" in "procrastination" because procrastination isn't just a habit for ADHDers, no, it's a state of being, a way of life, something you're born into and try and figuratively move out of, like your childhood home, but the housing market is too out of control and sometimes it has its perks, like free food from your parents' fridge.
Yep, procrastination definitely has a way of sprinkling you with just enough ridiculously minute rewards to keep you hooked. But, of course, these habits always lead to unnecessary anxiety that could have been easily prevented if you'd just done the thing to begin with and not been so lazy, right? Hmm, not exactly. Things aren't so cut and dry for the neurodivergent.
I follow a nurse on Instagram @theneurodivergentnurse who has ADHD and shares truths, encouragement, and other helpful information. One quote she shared that I love and really needed to hear is this:
ADHD Reminder
You are not lazy
or unmotivated.
You've been living your
life in survival mode for
years.
You are exhausted.
What a powerful statement that I'm sure many of us, neurodivergent or not, need to hear and hear often.
I'm grateful for people like this nurse who take the time to educate and uplift others. Do you have a favorite influencer or person who makes posts that inspire and help you?
With that, continue to push forward, hang in there, and remember you're going to be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment