Today I had another routine appointment with my ADHD doctor, Dr. Navorro. We discussed what was going well and how I was improving, along with what wasn't going so well, one of them being nutrition (and with Christmas coming up, I feared it would just get worse).
Dr. Navorro explained to me that an ADHD brain's chemistry is affected more by the person's diet than other brains, making nutrition even more vital to not only physical but mental and emotional health as well. She gave me the task of cutting out most carbs, sugar, and processed foods in order to get myself to a healthier state.
In addition, Dr. Navorro encouraged me to continue working on cutting back on screen time, the goal being on the phone one hour or less per day (not including phone calls) and doing all I can to stay off of social media, checking that once a day or less.
A friend of mine told me that this all sounded difficult, and to a degree it is, but I told him that it actually feels freeing. I have already seen amazing results, have made more time for hobbies, been more motivated, feel happier, etc. It's so worth it, you guys.
Have any of you tried cutting back on screen time or switched to a healthier diet? I'd love to hear all about it, so comment below!
As always, hang in there. You got this!
No comments:
Post a Comment